Prices for Quilt Finishing
Pricing for stitching is by the square inch based upon the type of quilting you choose.
How to figure the stitching cost:
Multiply the width x length x price per square inch.
Example: Full Size top - 70” x 80” = 5600 square inches x $0.015 =*$84.00
*There is no separate set-up charge.
Quilting Price Chart
Quilting Type Descriptions
|Medium to Large Meander overall – Medium to large meander overall.|
|Simple Pantograph – Patterns listed as “Simple,” the simplest of Edge-to-edge or all over patterns. These cover the whole quilt and work well for quilts that are made of “busy” fabrics, will look better without added complexity or have "fluffy batting" that you want to remain supple. (Minimum stitching charge - $50.)|
|Complex Pantograph – Patterns listed as “Complex” or simple patterns that are reduced in size for higher density quilting. Dense quilting is good for quilts that are more fragile, need more stabilization, or will receive lots of use and repeated washing. (Minimum stitching charge - $50.)|
|Pantograph & 1 Border – A pantograph in the main part of the quilt with a separate but complementary border/corner pattern(s.) Add $25-$35 for each *additional border pattern when there are multiple borders that you want treated individually.
|*Additioal Border - Small Quilt – (Less than 5000 Sq. inches) Additional border(s) on a quilt that has a panograph in the center and two or more borders that each get their own pattern.
$25.00 per extra border
|*Additioal Border - Large Quilt – (5000 Sq. inches or more) Additional border(s) on a quilt that has a panograph in the center and two or more borders that each get their own pattern.
$35.00 per extra border
|Light Custom Quilting – any two patterns, often placed one per block in a checkerboard fashion or one pattern in outer border and one pattern for blocks.
|Custom Quilting - Any combination of three or more patterns fall into the custom quilting category. Custom may also include light to medium fillers, stitch-in-the ditch, outlining, etc. This will require a free consultation* and quote. (Minimum stitching charge for custom quilting is $100.)|
$.04/sq.inch and up
*Call us at 269-471-7359. Cami or Louise, our quilt design specialists, are happy to make suggestions and help you choose designs and thread(s) to complement your quilt as well as give you an estimate. After we can see and evaluate the actual project and all details of the quilting plan have been decided, then the final quote will be provided.
A NOTE ABOUT COST: Before quilting is started you will be asked to review the quote and ask questions, then give your approval to proceed based upon the quote. The final price will not exceed the approved quote but may be reduced if time to complete the job was over-estimated.
APPROXIMATE STARTING PRICES for QUILTING(rounded to nearest dollar)
|Price Per Sq. In||Crib||Throw or Lap||Twin||Double||Queen||King|
|Approximate Size||36 x 45||54 x 54||63 x 87||78 x 87||84 x 92||92 x 100|
|Medium to Large
|Panto & 1 Border||$0.025||*$41||$73||$137||$170||$193||$230|
|Light Custom Quilting||$0.03||*$49||*$87||$164||$204||$232||$276|
|**Custom Quilting||$0.04 and up||*$65||$117||$219||$271||$309||$368|
|*Quilt Stitching minimum charge: $50 for Meander or overall pantograph, $100 for custom (NO Set-up Charge)|
|**Call or email our design specialists Louise or Cami for FREE Consultation and estimate. 269-471-7359|
|Please note: Prices subject to change without notice however all quotes issued after quilt is received in house will be honored.|
- $5 to $6 per quilt for first color of non-specailty thread
- $7 to $9.00 per quilt for first color of Variegated or other Specialty Threads
- $2 - Each additional color for color Changes
- Using 2 or 3 threads together highlight quilting and may be done in selected areas only or on the whole quilt.
- Maximum of 3 threads may be used together, top of quilt ONLY
- Cost: multiply price for each thread x the number of threads used, plus *surcharge.
- *Surcharge - $10. (Covers additional time required to run machine slower, etc.)
- Example: Cost for 2 non-specialty threads on a small quilt would be: thread - $10 (2 x $5), surcharge - $10, total - $20.
- Unbleached Muslin, Roc-lon "Ava-lon" 200 ct. 100% Cotton, 90” width
- Unbleached Muslin, Roc-lon 100% Cotton, 118” width
- White Muslin, Roc-lon 100% Cotton, 118” width
$0.27 / linear inch ($9.80/yd.)
$0.30 / linear inch ($10.80/yd.)
$0.30 / linear inch ($10.90/yd.)
- Quilters Dream Cotton NATURAL-Low Loft—93” width
- Quilters Dream Cotton NATURAL-Mid Loft—61” width
- Quilters Dream Cotton NATURAL-Mid Loft—93” width
- Quilters Dream Cotton NATURAL-Highest Loft—Crib Batt 46x60”
- Quilters Dream Cotton NATURAL-Highest Loft—Twin Batt 72x93”
- Quilters Dream Cotton NATURAL-Highest Loft—Queen Batt 108x93”
- Quilters Dream Cotton NATURAL-Highest Loft—Super Queen Batt 93x121”
- Quilters Dream Cotton NATURAL-Highest Loft—King Batt 122x122”
- Quilters Dream Cotton WHITE-Low Loft—93” width
- Quilters Dream Cotton WHITE-Mid Loft—61” width
- Quilters Dream Cotton WHITE-Mid Loft—93” width
- Quilters Dream Cotton WHITE-Mid Loft—122” width
- Quilters Dream Wool—93” width
- Quilters Dream 100% Poly - Low Loft—61” width
- Quilters Dream 100% Poly - Mid Loft—61” width
- Quilters Dream 100% Poly - Mid Loft—93” width
- Quilters Dream 100% Poly BLACK - Mid Loft—61” width
- Quilters Dream 100% Poly BLACK - Mid Loft—93” width
- Hobbs PolyDown - Lofty — 108” width
(ask for quote)
Information about choosing batting.
Quilter's Dream batting User's guide.
Return Shipping: Total shipping cost is about $12-$18 in the continental US for the average quilt.
Shipping: North America and APO addresses
Set-up: Set up is included free as part of stitching cost except for “Basting” service.
- Make binding with fabric* you supply
- Attach **standard binding to quilt
- Machine finishing
- Make and attach binding (with your fabric*) for YOU to hand or machine finish
- Attach **standard binding (you supply) and Machine finish for a completed quilt
- Make, attach AND finish binding so you receive a completed quilt
- Minimum charge for binding services
$.05 per linear inch
$.075 per linear inch
$.125 per linear inch
$.125 per linear inch
$.20 per linear inch
$.25 per linear inch
**Standard binding is made from strips cut from the width or length of fabric or bias binding.
***If using thicker fabrics such as Decorator fabics for binding, cut strips at least 3" wide, or allow an extra 1/4 yard more than recommended if we are making the binding.
Making and / or applying strip-pieced binding, binding on curves or other special applications may cost extra.
Basting: $20 setup fee and $.005 per square inch.
Embroidered Labels:Visit our Specialty Services Page:Quilt Labels for prices and details.
Quilt Preparation: Pressing, mending, squaring up, trimming threads or other special preparation—$25/hr.
Quilt Piecing: Anything involved in piecing a quilt top or shams (planning, cutting, sewing, pressing, etc.)—$25/hr.
Seam Backing: $10 per Seam to stitch, remove selvedge edges, square backing and press seams open. (Fabric should come pressed, ready to work with.)
Seam Backing: $15 per Seam if fabric pattern matching is desired.